Traveling can be demanding, and airplane journeys are some of the most stressful parts of vacations. With planning ahead, you can turn it into an enjoyable occasion. Some easy steps can take away many of the stress of air journey.
What to do at least one day ahead:
1) Pack your luggage. Ensure that all of your packings are completed at night before. You should store all of your luggage in a single place, so you can simply grab it when the taxi arrives or to reach the car/ bus.
2) Have all of your travel paperwork and documents organized and stored in a single central spot, best is in your cabin bag.
3) Make a checklist of all of the stuff you need. Secure your home by checking the electricity, water sources, windows, and doors- keep them closed. Do that latest an hour earlier than you leave your home.
Like this, you can reduce the little nagging stress during your journey that we all know.
You can also hire a housesitter, to stay in your home during your vacation.
Alternatively, ask a neighbor or family member to check on your home frequently.
Water the plants.
4) Organize your pet care. Make any pet hotel reservations before your journey to make sure you’ve gotten a reserved and cheaper spot at a place you trust.
5) Check the airline’s website the day before, especially for online check-in if provided. Don’t forget to check how early before the actual flight, you must arrive. So you don’t risk missing your flight. It frequently happens to people underestimating border control time and luggage check-in.
Also, if you leave your car at the airport, ask if there are any parking restrictions, you need to be conscious of. Ever since 9/11 in the USA, when there is an increased threat level, there might be expanded car safety checks before you can park at the airport, which might take some time.
6) Make sure that cabin bags are really cabin bags. Check online all the allowed proportions. You can check also on this website: https://travel-made-simple.com. It can be tricky, many companies earn a lot on baggage fees. In any other case, you might get stopped on the gate and have your bag taken away to be stowed with the standard baggage. It’ll delay and stress you. And it’ll delay everybody else. The fees at the airport for buying additional luggage are way higher than if you buy them before online.
7) In case you are solely taking cabin luggage, the online check-in is the most comfortable way of traveling. Many aircraft companies allow you to check-in online 24 hours before your flight.
This means that you can get and print your boarding passes at home or save them on your mobile phone.
When you get to the airport, you go straight to the gate and your boarding area without standing in line for checking-in.
8) If you have to change planes, it may be a problem, particularly within the bigger airports. Best is to check before the map of the airport, memorize the gate and calculate the time you have to get there.
You can also ask the flight attendant during the flight, but best is to be prepared, so you will have less stress.
Actual travel day:
1) Depart your home in time, best a lot of time ahead. Around big cities and urban areas, traffic can be the most stressful danger of missing your flight.
Leave one hour earlier than recommended at the online check-in so you can anticipate busy traffic or accidents happening. Whether it is an hour to get to the airport, you should need to leave an additional hour earlier, just in case, there are highway issues.
2) In case you are checking in luggage, be ready to wait in line. If it’s a busy time of the day at the airport and you’re traveling with a popular airline, there might be a very long line. Don’t be afraid, no matter how long the line is. As long as you arrived on time, you don’t have to worry. Either the airplane company or the airport has to take responsibility for delayed flights. So even if it might look impossible to make it on time, you can try to relax. Departure, in most cases, is guaranteed.
3) When boarding the airplane, take your seat as soon as possible and stow your baggage rapidly. Many people block the aisle for a very long time and cause themselves and other passengers unnecessary stress. So simply get your seat and sit down. You will have plenty of time to stand up as soon as the airplane is in the air.
4) When the airplane lands, patiently wait for your opportunity to leave your seat. Whether or not you push or simply wait, you will not get off the plane any faster. Making an attempt to hurry is going to cause you and others stress. In the end, you all have to wait either again at the passport control or at the baggage pick up.
If you travel only with a cabin bag, that’s it. The stress is almost over.
5) In case you have baggage to pick up, there’s yet one more step. No disappointments, if you expect your bag to be the last one. So you will be pleasantly overwhelmed when it comes out early.
By following these easy steps, you’ll discover that your stress level on your air travels will likely be less. It seems like these are all self-explaining pre-cautions, but if you don’t prepare and follow most of the described recommendations, they might blow up to be a disaster.
Eliminate small stress factors, so they can’t grow into bigger ones and destroy the vacation at the very beginning. And do not balloon right into a full-blown disaster. Planning indeed improves the joy of your journey.